A finish hot off the sewing machine this very morning. The Janome gal has been purring for a couple of days - mornings, afternoons and evenings. Back at it by 5:00 a.m. this morning
I now can say "Finished!"
Just in time for the Friday Finish Linky Parties.
I am pleased with how well the Quilt-As-You-Go - Fun and Done style technique went overall.
I have a couple areas I am not too crazy about, but that had more to do with not cutting 2 of the backs wide enough. I made it work though by sewing additional strips to widen and lengthen two blocks. But as my quilting friends would say, Who would notice riding on a galloping horse?"
Looking good on the bed!
Hanging on the fence sideways!
The backside of a block!
I began to use the stiletto to score the stitching lines. Worked like a dream giving me a defined line to stitch on. No cleaning up markings!
Taupe and pink wavy!
More rays for pink wavy!
Center is wavy cross-hatched!
More rays for wonky fussy!
The sashing for the Fun Done went well by lightly folding the sashing and pressing pins downward in the ironing board pad holding the sashing in place.
I found that I had better control of creating a more straight fold where the body of the fabric helped to keep it in position until I glued and pressed.
(If you are just now seeing this technique for the first time - after quilting blocks place the back sides with wider backs and sew together along the front block edge in order to connect the QAYG blocks.)
Yes! glue was a brilliant idea! When taking it to the sewing machine I wasn't getting pricked with pins while managing the weight of the quilt.
I used a long nozzle to bead the glue. With a hot iron I pressed the sashing in place removing pins as I went along with the iron.