|Charlotte Observer Picture|
It has been interesting and fun reading blogger's quilting goals for 2012. Mine have been floating in my head for several days. Getting them written down leads to greater success. I will have to pop back to this message to keep me on target. You know how hard it if for us quilters when we see something new that we want to add to our "I want to do list". Originally I had planned to finish my existing numerous works in progress only but that does get a bit boring. I have expanded my list already and it is only January 4th!
- Finish a minimum of 3 quilt tops out of 6. Anything above that is a kudos to me!
- Keep up with the monthly FMQ Challenge
- Keep up with Craftsy' Block of the Month
- In the evenings do RedWork while watching some of my hubby's and my favorite shows such as The Mentalist, The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles.
- Book Club
- Begin Judy Niemeyer's Mariner's Star - A gift from a fellow quilter! Ohh thank you so much I can't wait to begin!
- Make this Modern Quilt - more information about this in my previous blog message
- Make cinch bags
More About the Itty Bitty Swap
One of the members of the Eons Quilters Passion Group came up with a project to help us keep connected without it being a mammoth size project. When she suggested it I was all over it since I had participated in something very similar at the Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild's version of the swap. In the Itty Bitty Swap, Storystitcher, her screen name will pair each of us up with another person who we will send a fat quarter. The person receiving my fat quarter will then come up with some small item to give back to me from the fat quarter sent.
This is what I received from my little stash that I gave to someone, actually that person happens to be Elizabeth Phillippi who is mentioned above about the cinch bags.
I was so tickled with the little clutch bag and kleenex pouch! I use them both often!
My gift made from another quilter's stash was a Modern looking pillow! She happens to be the founder of the Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild - Jennifer Crisp. You may know her as the blogger at Ellison Lane Quilts.
I have a busy day planned, a day just to keep warm since the temperature has dropped quite low for Charlotte. Wishing all my quilting friends a wonderful and blessed day.
Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path. - Psalm 27:11
I read the article and actually shed a few tears. This is a lovely project.ReplyDelete